To make this, you'll need:
- Bi-carb Soda
- Cleaning cloth
- Tailor's chalk or temporary fabric marker
- Fabric to cover the tray
- Pinking shears
- Double-sided tape
- Place a few spoonfuls of bi-carb soda on the tray, along with a little vinegar.
- Rub the cleaning cloth into the bi-carb soda and vinegar and then rub the tray.
- Get into all the little grooves, and rub hard in the stubborn spots.
- Rinse the tray under running water and dry it thoroughly.
To make the fabric cover, first choose a fabric that will not be too distracting to the intricacy of the tray.
- Make sure your fabric is well ironed.
- Place it on top of the tray and mark a line around the edges where the base of the tray begins to be flat.
- Cut the fabric out, along the marked line, with pinking shears.
- Turn the fabric piece over, and lay down lines of double-sided tissue tape, close to the edges, as well as lines through the middle.
- Peel off the back of the double-sided tape, and very carefully stick to the base of the tray.
Now your tray is cleaned up, shiny and covered, it's ready to hang!
- Thread some ribbon through a handle and tie the ends together in a bow.
- Hang your new magnetic board from a hook, at a height that will be easy to get to!
- I've used some fairly strong magnets (which I purchased from 'kikki' - aren't they cute?!).